Express Mail Service (EMS)
Express Mail Service (EMS) is the most well-known postal service in the world, which handles pick-up and delivery of express mail items to the addressee’s hands throughout the world. The average time of delivery of EMS items is from 4 business days.
Packaging and Contents of EMS Items
- EMS accepts international express mail items according to the Postal Regulations. The items are subject to all the regulations on packaging and addressing of international postal items, as well as prohibitions regarding content.
- When sending EMS items, the packaging should ensure preservation of the parcel content during transportation. The parcel should not damage other postal items or physically injure postal workers.
- EMS parcels can be used to send industrial, domestic, cultural goods and food, which are not prohibited from being imported to the country of issue of the item and which can be exported from the Republic of Latvia.
- EMS items are not insured and the total value of the content sent therein should not exceed the following: for documents – EUR 34.15, for goods – EUR 147.98.
- Claims regarding the delivery of EMS items can be submitted within 4 months of the date of sending of the item.
- Please note that shipments are not delivered to overseas territories of countries.
Maximum Item Size:
- length of longest side of the item 1,5 m*
- sum of the circumference and longest side 3 m
*for shipments to Australia, the longest edge must not exceed 1,05m
International shipments may be delayed
Please note that due to the spread of Covid-19 in Latvia and abroad, the situation is still serious and affects the delivery process.